Saturday, November 03, 2007

alone and other kwento

November 2, 2007, 1030pm chicago; November 3, 11am Manila

After spending the past two weekends with a friend and cousins, I will be spending this weekend alone.

Sayang at hindi ako sa downtown area nakatira, kungdi I'm sure that i will have the weekend all planned out - like going to the park or a museum or watching a play without having to worry about catching the train home. hehehe.

Now being in the suburbs, i have to take into consideration the metra schedule in planning my weekend. That and syempre, i have to take into consideration my budget for the weekend. Hay ang hirap talaga kung working within the budget ka. bwahhaha. How I wish i could earn what the peeps here are earning. hehehe Insha Allah, baka may chance to come back here soon and who knows maybe stay for a longer period? :)

Anyways, I am planning to start my day tomorrow a bit late. I was thinking of taking the 11am train to the city (ETA to the city will be 1145am). I just hope that it will be warm enough (sabi kc high of 57 to low of 37bukas) to take a walk from the Union station to the Cultural Center and the Art Museum. O diba, feeling cultured ako bukas? hehehe. I was thinking of making this Saturday my Art and Culture day since I was not able to do it last week (bonding time with cousin and aunt kc ako last week).

Since i have the option of getting the 430 or the 530pm train (home), it would give me around 4 to 5 hours in the city. I hope it gives me enough time to visit the two places i mentioned or i could always stay at millenium park after the cultural center visit. Hay, sana di masyadong malamig bukas.

--------------------------
Since Chicago is known as the Windy City and it looks like the weather will be colder as winter approaches, I will be prepared for the sudden drop of temperature tomorrow. :) The first time I went downtown (at sa gabi pa ito ha), I was not prepared for the cold, chilly air. Nakajacket nga ako, pero yung manipis lang. bwhahha, i was freezing when i got off the train.

Since lumalamig na, I have to be ready - I already bought some winter stuff from manila, pero di ako nakadala nor nakabili ng gloves at thermal pants (mahal yung nakita kong gloves sa mango at di ako nakapunta sa greenhills for the thermal undergarments). Syempre nagkukuripot ako so sa Target ang punta ko and instead of buying women's leather gloves and thermal garments, i bought what i needed in the children's section. So what kung di stylish? Eh mas mura naman at medyo nasa size ko. hehehe.

Nakakatawa nga eh, yung nabili kong thermal medyo malaki sa akin ng konti. XL ang binili ko kc ang nakalagay dapat for peeps na 95-115Ibs, so binili ko, yun pala dapat yung L lang binili ko at di ako tumingin sa weight kungdi sa waistline. hehehe. Pero oks lang, more room to grow naman. With the food i am eating everyday, naku, I am sure tataba ako. Di n nga magkasaya yung isang jeans ko. hay, no wonder tumataba ang mga peeps dito, ang lalaki ng servings, tapos daming soda at fast food. Eh diba wla akong kitchen or microwave sa hotel room ko? so puro akong fast food and junk food. tsk tsk. I'm sure pagagalitan ako ng sister ko.

Kanina, dapat maliit na bag lang ang dadalhin ko kc i won't be spending the night in the city, but upon hearing the news, i had to repack everything to a bigger bag kc i will be bringing a heavier coat just in case. Plus medyo maglalayer na ako ng damit bukas, i will just take off the jacket if mainit. bwahaha... so ang laman ng bag ko ngayon: bonnet, scarf, mittens/gloves, and a thick down jacket. Nakakatawa nga eh, kc nilalamig na ako pero yung mga locals di pa nilalamig. May nakita pa nga akong nakashorts habang nagjogging. heheheh. Sabagay the sun was shining then at medyo parang tagaytay or Baguio lang ang lamig pero what i can't take is the wind. Grabe, sobrang lamig kung mahangin. (teka, parang mali na itong sentence ko, pero you get what i mean di ba? Kahit sinasabi nilang 45 degrees outside tapos mahangin pa, it would feel like 35).

----------------
Kung ang Chicago ay Windy City, pwede rin kayang tawaing Windy City ang Manila? Yun nga lang Mainit na hangin lang ang meron tayo -- hindi dahil sa climate kung di dahil sa ating mga politicians! They sure are full of hot air!

No comments:

 

alchemist2 | Distributed by Blogger Templates | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL