Sunday, November 18, 2007

count down to winter

November 17, 550pm Chicago; November 18, 750am Manila

It's 4 degrees Celsius outside and it's drizzling. It is freezing and i never felt so cold in my entire life, and it's not even winter yet. Weather in Chicago has been steadily dropping the past couple of weeks. While tress are shedding off their leaves in preparation for winter, I on the other hand, have steadily adding on items of clothing to wear. Hay, ang hirap ha. Mahirap pag malamig, ang daming layers na gagamitin. Nakakainis.

Pag sa Manila ka, you try to wear things that keep you cool... shorts, skirts, tshirts. tapos flipflops na lang ok na diba? naku, dito ang daming layers na kailangang gamitin to keep you warm. :-P. Actually, i kinda like this weather now... bearable pa naman kung may coat ka, what i dont want is the cold wind. grabe, when it blows sobrang lamig parang may bumugbog sa yo or something.

Anyways, going back to clothing. I never wore so much in 1 day ha. Like now, i need to wear thermal pants and jeans, tapos socks, tapos may thermal shirt pa under my regular shirt. Aside from that my hoodie pa akong gamit at thick coat pag lumalabas... now dont forget to wear scarf, bonnet and gloves... so all in all, these days, i usually wear at least 5 items of clothing just to keep me warm on the train. tsk tsk. eh sa pinas tama na ang jeans at t-shirt. minsan nga short at t-shirt lang. bwahahaha.

Well kahit marami akong reklamo regarding keeping warm, as i said, i kinda love fall (at least early fall) kc its not too cold and wet and its not too warm and dry. Sana nga may fall sa pinas, its getting to be my fave season. :) Aside from the weather, i also like the holidays associated with fall like thanksgiving and halloween. I will be having my first thanksgiving and sana maging ok ito. I am really looking forward to it. Kc its one holiday na para sa lahat ng religion. Not like Chirstmas or Eid na specific, thanksgiving is for all. Kaya i really am looking forward to experiencing my first thanksgiving... bring on the turkey, and pumpkin pie!

No comments:

 

alchemist2 | Distributed by Blogger Templates | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL