Monday, January 19, 2009

Confused, shocked, speechless

I have been staring at a blank screen for a time now. 

I have written sentences only to have erased them again. I mean, how would you start writing about a friend who is in critial condition?

I admit, i have been remissed in keeping in touch with her. Yes, we do text and send YMs once in a while, but sometimes things don't go out as planned. Life has a way of throwing us curved balls. 

This post should have started with a disclaimer: Warning, the post you are about to read is was written under due stress... author has no thought consistency.

I have not checked my personal emails for the past two week, as i have been too caught up with work and the new developments on my personal life. (Things were supposed to be in the upswing... Hey, the year started out just right for me and my family; things at work looked good, our client seemed happy with the way things are going, I could not have asked for anything more.)

I don't usually open my laptop at home during weekdays as it is the last thing i would want to do after a long day at the office. But today, i just had to check my "personal" emails. I just had to. 

The email came as a surprise...My dear friend Eileen is said to have taken a bad fall last Friday (the only details in the email said that she had a fall and hit her head) and is in critical condition. How I wish I could call her family and get more details on this. How I wish I am in Zamboanga right now. Kaso lang, wala eh...All i can do is pray for her recovery and wait for updates.


No comments:

 

alchemist2 | Distributed by Blogger Templates | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL