Monday, May 09, 2005

why blog?

What is a blog?

It is basically a journal that is available on line. A blog is often a mixture of what is happening in a person's life, his views on events, his rants and raves, etc. It is primarily concerned with daily life and events. Some blogs focus on topics such as food, computers, music, etc.

A blog can either be maintained by an individual or a group that share common interest and discuss thoughts on what ever subject that comes to hand. It opens a venue for discussion and for putting down throughts, raves and rants.

Why blog?

Blogging for me is basically an expression of my thoughts and feelings. Wrting things down can relieve tension / anger. It is an effective way to rant (and eventually) calm down without hurting another person's feeling. It is also physically and emotionally less draining than shouting or braking things.

Writing / blogging also makes chronicles what when on in my life. It captures my feelings, thoughts and memories. It is also an excellent way for my family and friends to know what is happening in my life. It is sometimes the topic of our conversation on "YM".

Blogging opens the avenue to meet new friends, people who share common interest and share the same view (albiet not every time.) It makes the world seem smaller and bigger at the same time. It gives you different views on a variety of topics and expands your understanding of things.

Why do I blog? For the reasons cited above and much much more. But basically, i blog because I want to and I can. It is my guilty pleasure.

No comments:

 

alchemist2 | Distributed by Blogger Templates | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL