Monday, August 15, 2005

afternoon tea

Last Saturday, My family and I were in Greenhills to run some errands (and book shopping) while waiting for my father to arrive from Zamboanga. hmm. who are we kidding, we went to Greenhills for 3 things: lunch at Gloria Maris (my mom was craving their dimsum and I their veggie pao), book shopping (at fully booked) and pants / socks shopping at the tiangge.

My mom was really impressed with how much Greenhills has changed since the last time we went there more than 8 months ago... (she [together with my siblings] were also able to pray at the controversial prayer room). It was not just a place for bargain hunters, but a place where food lovers (like us) to enjoy.

After browsing through Fully Booked (bookstore) for more than 2 hours (where my sisters and I ended up buying armloads of books), we decided to have our mid-afternoon snack at Bizu. (This after having dimsums / lunch at Gloria Maris less than 3 hours before! -- our family sure loves to eat! hehehe)

While my mom and siblings ordered cakes and pastries, I decided to take the afternoon tea set menu (comes with sandwiches, pastries and 2 chocolates and a pot of tea all for P400) for 2, shared it with my brother's girlfriend and we eventually shared it with everyone else. hehehe. (afternoon tea treats shown below, pics c/o the bizu website)

Image hosted by Photobucket.comAfternoon tea treats (sandwiches, pastries) are served in this cute three tiered thing.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com A close up shot of the treats

Image hosted by Photobucket.com the lovely and scrumptious cakes sold at Bizu

The cakes were really scrumptious and heavenly that we really didn't mind the price of P140++ for a small personlized serving. Hey, its nice to treat one's self once in a while right?

I had such a nice experience, that I want to share it (the experience and the afteroon tea) with a friend...Hmmm, would anyone want to have afternoon tea with me?

No comments:

 

alchemist2 | Distributed by Blogger Templates | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL