Tuesday, August 23, 2005

time line tag

I was tagged again by Major Tom and this time it's a timeline tag. I have to shift through my gray matters to remember events from 20, 15 and 10 years ago. The last time I made a timeline of my life was in 2000 during an exercise in an MBA class (remember doc?) Anyways here goes nothing:

TWENTY YEARS AGO. Hmmm, that would make it August 1985 and I would be ten years old and in grade 4. I remember vividly not being in the top five of my class during a certain grading period because I have a grade of 79 in art class (My first and only failing grade). I should have submitted all requirements, bwhahaha but I am not that creative anyways so I really did not bother accomplishing the required task. Needless to say, I was punished for this.

Learning for the first time that my aunts were part of the moro struggle (original group) and the real reason why they were not in the Philippines (I met my aunts and cousins a year after, when the 1986 peace pact was signed and they were able to come home and now my cousins have become like siblings.)

Hmmm.. what else ba? Ah, having lunch at school (baon) for the first time. I live near our school (WMSU appox. five minutes ride) and always have lunch at home. I had friends who would take their lunch at school and I wanted to experience eating with them. After lots of pleading my parents allowed us to have the lunch at school experience though I never really experienced bringing lunch. My grandma insisted that we (my sister and I) eat piping hot food prepared at home. So we were the only students that I know of who have lunch delivered (complete with iced water / juice) bwhahaha mga brats talaga.

FIFTEEN YEARS AGO. That would be August 1990. I am in third year high school and am 15 years of age. Significant event? Hmmm typical junior high school student -- hanging out with barkadas after class (usually at home and at our regular tamabayan place near our school [WMSU]) and on weekends (usually the beachwe did have some parties at the beach organized at the last minute). You can check out my previous post re friendship.

Things / events I remember the most: Making the most out of my pocketbook collection. I guess you might say that I was an entrepreneur when I was a lot younger. I sold shirts, blouses and even had my collection of books rented out (5 to 10 pesos a week yata plus fine for late return). Since my parents taught us that not all that we wanted will be handed to us on a silver platter, I made do with what I have to have money to buy the things I want. I even had enough profit at the end of each week to buy a book or two and sometimes I buy jeans with my earnings. Those books paid for themselves.

I remember wishing / planning to open a bookstore / restaurant were people can browse, borrow, read and buy books, eat and have the freedom to discuss book of the week. I even have a name and a business plan those were the days of dreams and ideas! How I wish I could do that in ZC. Anyone interested to partner with me?

TEN YEARS AGO. That would make it 1995. I would be 20 years old and in 4th year at the UP CMC. Nothing much except that my friends and I are excited and scare at the same time re gradutation. OJTs in ABC-5 and the UP radio station as well as preparing for thesis keep me busy kuno. bwhahaha. My friends and I are fast becoming cum laudes in SM 101. hehehe

Wednesdays are prebooked for our SM class (note movie watching) and the sunken gardne become our study corner. The friends I met during the first few days of college have become my confidnats and are still my closest friends to this very day.

PS. Still no BF and I had chicken pox that year too. hehehe

FIVE YEARS AGO. 2000 -- a year of change and roller coaster ride. I resigned from my privious job (actually we closed down the travel agency not long after I resigned), took a chance in the UP MBA entrance examination and managed to get in the day program. Met some really good friend (Hi doc!) whom I learned a lot from.

Also the year I met my special someone. Even though our relationship was like a roller coaster ride, I learned more about relationships from him than anyone else. With him , I ceased to be the brat that I am and learned about the "give and take" thing in relationships. You can say that I grew up / matured with the things I've learned from him and from my other friends.

It was also the year that my baby (my youngest sister) left for the UAE to pursue her studies. It is the very first time for her to be so far away from my parents (good thing that my brother was with her). The first time that she was oceans apart.

THREE YEARS AGO. 2002... graduated from MBA program. Started to look for work. Had a 6 month stint as a sales consultant in a record company. Tried a hand in giving / conducting seminars / workshops and enjoyed the work tremendously. (Would love to conduct workshops in the near future)... Got back with my old flame (is love sweeter the second time around?)

LAST YEAR. Transistion time...SLPL recently resigned and SACY takes over. I really did not know if I will go with SLPL or stick it out with the Department. Eventually I stuck it out with the government (the pay is not all that but I had ither things to consider -- like savings, peace of mind, stress)

Started blogging upon the influence of some friends... and has not stopped since then.

THIS YEAR. Nothing much... applied at the ADB, passed the IQ and computer test, but failed the typing test. ... Giving myself another year working for the gov't.

NEXT YEAR. Reapply for that ADB position, or look for another job. Try to save more for the condo unit.

TEN YEARS FROM NOW. I would like to be any of the following: 1) working for a multinational or the ADB; 2) be a consultant / trainor; 3) have a business of my own (maybe I might just open that bookstore; 4)help out in our school (SBLC) and more community work and 5) happy married with 2 or 3 children.

WHO I WISHED WOULD TAKE THESE QUESTIONS: kung may time lang po -- doc emer, baby pink, elf ideas, delish and any one who would like to do a time line of their life.

*********
Why are memories from childhood more vivid than recent memories? I guess because it takes you to a time of innocence, dreams and ideals.

No comments:

 

alchemist2 | Distributed by Blogger Templates | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL