Tuesday, September 06, 2005

new phone

After a few days wait, my free phone (N6020) from globe handyphone was delivered! I can finally change my old (and abused) phone. hehehe.

I was really planning on aquiring a new phone (a SE or N6230i) by the end of the year, but couldn't pass the opportunity for a free phone (even if it wasn't the phone I really wanted). My philosophy -- as long as i can text and call my family and friends, ok lang kahit hindi masyadong high end. Besides, the phone is free!

The free phone is part of the globe rewards for their loyal customers (hey been with globe since 1996). As part of the reward, I would be renewing my contract with the company for 1 year. I have since computed savings (if i down grade my plan) and the cost of a new phone and found that renewing the plan and getting the free phone (aka bribe) is well worth it.

Actually, the rewards was not limited to a free phone or a discounted one, the customer can choice from rebates, handset discount / free handset or G-cash. Since I was really planning on getting a phone, I decided to get the handset discount rewards. There were other handsets (one pays for the cost less rewards discount) but I guess the miser in me kicked in... why spend so much on a handset that is more likely to depreciate in a few months? I would rather spend the money on books, shoes and FOOD! hehehe. Besides, the handset model that I really wanted was not part of the rewards handsets.

Anyways, just want to share this... to other globe post paid users/customers, check nyo with customer service if you are entitled for a reward once your contract is up. You might just get a good deal.

6 comments:

yusop said...

Hi anicee. You can say siguro na the best things in life are free. Anyway, congrats to your new phone and I hope you really enjoyed texting your time away.

sharima said...

thanks thanks...

Patrick said...

that's cool talaga! basta FREE masarap talaga!!!!

sharima said...

sinabi mo. hehehe

BabyPink said...

dapat ako din, merong free from globe! i've been a loyal globe customer ever since i got my oldest mobile phone (na de-text na). pero never ng lang ako nag-plan. hehehe:)

sharima said...

sayang dapat nag pa-plan k na. :)

 

alchemist2 | Distributed by Blogger Templates | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL