Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Running on empty

Things are not working out the way I wanted them to. Plans were put on hold and even cancelled. Moreover, I was really looking forward to spending some time with a friend of mine (my friend’s hug and presence always seem to lift me up and makes me feel that every thing is all right with the world).

Lately I feel that I am running on empty – getting up in the morning has become somewhat of a chore. Work is not that exciting anymore, in fact it has become somewhat of a bore / routine. Maybe the reason why I feel what I feel is that I can’t find fulfillment in my job anymore, or maybe all I really need is a word of encouragement and complement for a job well done. Maybe it all boils down to feeling appreciated.

Appreciated not just by the people, I work for or with whom I work with, but more so, by the people who mean so much to me… People, who I consider part of myself, part of my life.

A gift of shoes or books would do wonders in lifting my spirits. A simple thank you or a gift of chocolates would be enough to get me through the day. A simple call or text to find out how my day went will surely bring a smile. In other words, a feeling of being loved and appreciated is all there is to it. .

No comments:

 

alchemist2 | Distributed by Blogger Templates | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL