Monday, October 29, 2007

Fire alarm again!

October 29, 7am Chicago; 7pm Manila

For the second time in a week, i have to wake up to the sound of the fire alarm! Talk about waking up to a great sound. :(

It's a good thing that this alarm went off at 7am and not at 12mn when i am sound asleep. At least today, it served as my alarm clock. bwahahaha. I am usally up by 630am but was taking my sweet time to get out of bed. :)When the alarm went off, i took some time to actually get dressed. heheheeh and I think i actually heard the "booming" sound before the (fire) alarm went off.

Anyways, knowing better this time (and i hope this does not get a threepeat), i actually took time get dressed, grab my bag and look in the mirror before heading out the door. bwahahahaha. The difference between today and last Friday was when i went out the door, i actually saw a pool of water a few feet from my room. Gosh, this must be the real thing! Buti na lang nasa third floor ako at ang room ko ay super lapit sa fire exit - now i know why my dad always insist that we get a room near the fire exit. Thanks for the training pa! :)

Anyways, after a few minutes in the lobby (I was even calm enough to get my morning coffee), we were told that we could go back to our rooms as there was no fire, but there was some activity on the third floor (my floor). The sprinkle system went off in a couple of rooms (buti n lang di sa room ko, kung di masisira ang office laptop) and were contained. Hay, what caused it to go off kaya? and WHY did the fire alarm go off twice in four days? Pareho ba ang cause nung friday at today? Abangan ang susunod na kabanata!

No comments:

 

alchemist2 | Distributed by Blogger Templates | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL