Sunday, October 07, 2007

Sleepless in Illinois

Oct 7, 2007; 12:45am Chicago time, 1:45pm Manila time.

Although the mind (and my tired body) knows that i really need to get some much needed rest and sleep, my body clock is contradicting them. I arrived at 2pm in Chicago after a very, very long and tiring trip from Manila. It is true that i gained a day but why does it seem that the hours gained are not enough?

I still need to familiarize myself with the area, find the nearest public transport system going to Chicago from Burr Ridge, find a grocery store, and a fast food chain within walking distance of my hotel (which seems to be located right in the middle of nowhere.) I also need to send out emails and reports by 5pm manila time. Which would very well could mean that my Sunday will be spent in the hotel room. tsk tsk… given these tasks and deadlines, coupled with a lack of sleep, i just hope that my body won’t give up on me.

Anyways, the place i am staying is ok. Although it lacks some amenities i am familiar with in Manila hotels (ref and microwave), it has free internet access and big fluffly pillows!
I just love the bed and pillows. I am booked in a room with a king sized bed and i have 6 super soft and fluffy pillows. Heaven… (although i only have a couple of hours sleep so far. hehehe). I intend to get the most out of this bed. Too bad, i dont have anyone to share the bed with. bwhahaha

So while i wait for sleep to come, i might as well check my emails, blog, and make the reports. I might just finish all the work in 2 hours and get the rest i need after.

No comments:

 

alchemist2 | Distributed by Blogger Templates | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL