Friday, February 04, 2005

success

"What is your standard of success?"

I came across this question while I was surfing the Net. I can't help thinking about it... what is success for me? Is it pulling a 5 to 6 figure job? Having a family? Having a career? or having time doing the things I want?

For me, success is having achieved the goals / things that I set, being able to do the things that I love to do (such as writing and getting paid for it), and being with the people I love. While money is important, it is not the end all or be all of what I consider a success. While I might be having that 30k paying job in makati (not that I have this), I am so stressed out that I don't even have time for my self, my family and even appreciate the life. Hey I might not even have time to stop and pray / reflect on life.

For now, I'm fine with my work. While it doesn't pay that much, I get to enjoy the fruits of my labor. I even get to take some part-time writing job that augment my income. Both jobs give me the freedom and flexibility to do it on my own time. Plus I get to spend time at home and my family.

What is success? it is doing the things you love, while being paid for it.

No comments:

 

alchemist2 | Distributed by Blogger Templates | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL