Thursday, June 30, 2005

congrats ma!

We (my family and I) have known this for a few months and yesterday it became official... My mom (Zenaida Tan-Lim) was nominated as part of the 1000 women for the the nobel peace price. She is one of the 27 Filipinos who are on the list from 153 nations who have been nominated as a group for the Nobel Peace Prize 2005.

The nominees -- socio-civic workers, peace negotiators, educators, lawmakers, graft-busters, among others -- were presented yesterday at ceremonies held at the Cultural Center of the Philippines as part of a worldwide initiative to get more women win the prestigious award.

Zenaida Tan-Lim, who helps the widows and orphans of the victims of conflict between the Moro National Liberation Front and the Philippine troops...

I am very proud of what my parents are doing... They have set up a foundation (Sarang Bangun) and a school (SBLC) that combines Islamic and DEPed education. I just wish that I can follow in their footsteps and make them proud.

No comments:

 

alchemist2 | Distributed by Blogger Templates | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL