Tuesday, June 21, 2005

friendship

Image hosted by Photobucket.com It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

*********
doc emer's recent entry about friends and friendship made me think about getting in touch with old friends...Friends that I haven't heard from since high school or college days.

I have been remiss in keeping in touch with some of my old friends, although I do give them a call or send them email / text once in a while. I recently visited friendster and was happy to note that some of my old friends are members.

I recently exchanged "hellos" with a couple of high school classmates and thinking of having a get together for those who are working in Manila since most of the high school classmates are working in Zamboanga.

Finding a common ground after years of not seeing each other nor communicating will be the fundamental step in the renewal of friendship. I do hope that I get to find one.

*********
I miss my high school and college barkada.

I haven't seen them for more than a year, that is why I am very thankful for modern technology. Text and emails are our way of keeping in touch.

The distance between Manila and the cities where my friends are (Zamboanga, China, Canada, Hong Kong) diminished when we correspond through email or text (which we do almost daily). But I still miss our weekly get together, our long talks and the Cel's cooking. I guess nothing beats physical contact.

Trumba, umuwi na kayo kaagad!

*********
I am thankful for having friends that are with me through both the good times and the bad.

Childhood friends
I have known eileen, judith, jane, leah and rita way back elementary years. They will forever be my childhood friends...Our group expanded to include analene and rhona in high school...they were my partners in crime in collecting "piso" para sa merienda when we were in high school... we always have good mid afternoon snacks of "rebusaw" (banana-q) or bugers. Our barkada also went to include some other "groups" which shared our love for the beach and food.

I have to leave my "comfort zone" for college and work and that meant that I have to say good bye to my dear friends. I still get in touch with them through text and emails and see them when ever I visit zamboanga.

Eileen and I have plans of going to Hong Kong or Singapore this year or early next year. I do hope plans pushes through.

College barkada
When I studied in UP, I met these wonderful people (katie, sharon, cel and xtine). We called ourselves Trumba or the tropang baliw. College was a breeze with them as friends.

If you want to know the real me, all you have to do is to talk to any of them and bribe them to tell you my deep dark secrets (as if they will and can be bribed!). My soul sisters, I can tell them anything and they will never judge me for mistakes I made (and did I make them). They are always there for me... great shoulders to cry on and such patient listeners!

Now that they have left the Philippine shores for a better career and life (Cel pag dating mo, ako manager ni william ha!), I miss having our weekly lunches and out of towns. I miss the friendship. I am forever thankful for emails, YM and Chikka.

MBA and Beyond
The BEAR family will always have a place in my heart. The individuals who made up this group made the program such an experience. Thanks for the laughter and tears and the all nighters!

I am thankful to have met and befriended such wonderful people with whom I can watch, analyze and experience life with.

*********
My father always used to say that when you die, if you've got five real friends, you've had a great life. -- Lee Iacocca

No comments:

 

alchemist2 | Distributed by Blogger Templates | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL