Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Being thankful

Early this year, i had to turn down a job offer that would have sent me to work abroad for the next 8 months. Although very promising for me and my career, i had to say no as i did not want to leave my then four month old baby. She was exclusively nursing and although i could bring her (and my son) on my assignment, I would also need to bring or hire a nanny.

Sometimes things don't turn out to be the way you planned it, but there are always things to be thankful for:
  • being able to spend more time with my babies
  • being able to exclusively nurse my youngest (for the first six months)
  • being home early to give them their bath and put them to sleep
  • my babies are healthy - my stock of baby meds rarely gets used
  • take trainings that woule help me in my career
  • learn from a new manager
  • have simple dates with hubby (mcdo breakfast on sunday or starbucks)
  • meet new people
I might not have that job assignment abroad, but i am very thankful that my current assignment lets me spend time with my babies (hey, i don't even have to bring the pump to the office).

No comments:

 

alchemist2 | Distributed by Blogger Templates | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL