Thursday, November 04, 2004

journey

In this journey that we call life, is it ok to go with the flow or be like a salmon and fight your way upstream?

When I read the book 'the alchemist', I was fascinated with the search for one's personal legend. I wonder, in this lifetime, will I ever find my personal legend? If so, when will it be? Will it hit me between the eye or was it under my nose all along?

Ever since I was small, I always dreamt that I would be a manager in a multi-national company making big decisions or owning a big business (I have dreamt of owning a bookstore cafĂ© since I was in high school) I was an entrepreneur when I was small. In fact, I remember renting out my pocket books and selling shirts and other items for extra cash. It's different when you have your own money to spare. Somehow along the way, my entrepreneurial sprit and my dream got side tracked when I entered collage and eventually started working. Things didn’t go as planned… But like they say, life is what happens, when you are busy making plans and dreaming.

I am now past a quarter of a century (more likely close to 3 decades), but it seems that I am no way closer to my dreams. I have been so content with my comfort zone for the past years that I wasn't really welcoming the change that seemed to be apparent. I had the chance to change careers earlier this year, but I chose to remain because I felt that the offer is not for me. But as weeks turned to months, I begin to wonder, did I made the right choice? I am looking into the possibility of changing careers, hope that the only 2 jobs / vacancies that I applied to calls soon.

My life is in transition right now, not only in terms of my career but in much more personal ways. They say that the only sure thing in life is death, taxes and changes. How we deal with them is a different matter. At this point, I am welcoming change, heck; I am even praying that changes happen soon. I feel that I am in a rut, not really using / tapping into my full potentials. I pray that positive changes happen soon, in life, in my career and in love.

January isn’t that far away, the New Year might be the best time for change… meanwhile, let me go over the classifieds. :)

No comments:

 

alchemist2 | Distributed by Blogger Templates | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL